5 more things
October 19, 2011 § Leave a comment
That you might not know I’m really fascinated by.
- North Korea. I am borderline obsessed with North Korea. It fascinates me! That a pure dictatorship can exist like that. That they can keep their population totally brainwashed and under control. Or, you know, maybe not, because we don’t know that anything that comes from there is true. Here’s a great documentary that Vice did on North Korea.
- The Amish. Ok, I won’t immediately draw a parallel from North Korea to the Amish, but I just think societies that live within their own microcosm of, you know the entire rest of the world is really cool to me. Also related: Mormons, crazy villages in the middle of the Amazon that have never been contacted by the outside world.
- Crystal Meth. So I watched Breaking Bad, and then I was like, holy shit, could I make crystal meth? (Answer: No.) but the chemistry was really intriguing. Plus, then I found this article, about the crystal meth epidemic in North Korea. My brain almost exploded.
- Tea Party Republicans. Oh so there is a theme here.
- Britney Spears. For anyone that cares to listen, I have a lot of opinions regarding Miss Spears. In another life I would totally do an honors thesis on the rise and fall of Britney, and I totally think that her first marriage in Vegas was a cry for help in leaving the entertainment business, and that she subsequently had kids for that same reason. And now people have forced her back in to make more money, and she clearly doesn’t want it. Uhhh….so, no…I don’t spend a lot of time thinking about Britney Spears, in case you were wondering.